My Photo Journalism Goals

About Me
    Photography has surrounded me my whole life. My parents were both wedding photographers and I remember watching my dad for hours tweaking his edits on the computer when I was young. My interest in photography didn't develop until after I graduated high school. I've always had a knack for doing things the hard way and I think that that's why my first camera (and my second, and my third) was a film camera. 
    Over the past couple of years my passion for photography has grown exponentially, that is why I've made my major Visual Communications and enrolled in Photo Journalism. I'm a fan of and participate in many styles of photography, but one of my favorites is street photography. I think that the principals of street photography apply well to photo journalism, and vice versa. I hope that taking this class will help me improve my photography skills in many ways.

Some of My Favorite Photos That I've Taken










Photojournalism Sample
Here are some photos taken at a benefit concert for the Really Really Free Market, a local charity group in Corvallis Oregon that collects and distributes clothing to those in need.

A RRFM volunteer folding and displaying donated clothing for distribution.
A volunteer from the community helps fold and
display donated clothes for distribution.




Local band Polypore during sound check, preparing for the 
upcoming show.



Local punks watching Polypore on the stage.

















Some goals that I have set out for my photojournalism class
  • Have a visible improvement in my candid photography
  • Gain a better understanding of how to caption photos
  • Develop my professionalism in journalistic circumstances



Comments

Popular Posts